Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I miss Joe!

I am feeling like a single mother right now. My husband is out of town on business, which was only going to be for two weeks, but plans changed. Now he won't be back until May 3rd. He and I are best friends and it has been/will be very difficult to be apart from him. Plus, I need his help with our kids. Kat is now 6 weeks old, and it's hard to manage a three-year old and a newborn by myself 24/7. I have found myself getting mad at the kids a lot easier than normal, and for stupid things, too. Like when Will accidently spills something, or when Kat won't sleep. Luckily, my mom has this week off from work, so I've had her company and help, but I'm worried about the weeks to come. I don't do well with being lonely. I guess I'll just have to find ways to keep me busy. I can clean out my closet, deep clean the bathroom, finish my wedding scrapbook, things that will keep myself occupied. Wish my luck!

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

good luck! If you need some company let me know and we can let the kids wear themselves out :>)

melissa gargalis said...

I can only a little bit relate, Greg was gone for two weeks, but came home for a day on the weekends. It was easier than I thought it would be, but it was lonely. The best thing to do is make plans like two days a week. It helps to break up the week and pass the time. Playdates, the park, visit grandparents, siblings, whatever. If you need a break maybe Will could come play with Luke?...Let me know if you need any help.-thanks for the toddler bed advice. I like it.