Monday, February 4, 2008

My Favorite People

I am 35 weeks pregnant, feeling like I'm 35 months pregnant. At some points, it seems like time is moving so slowly the baby will never come. Other times, I can't believe I've already made it this far. I'm starting to get a lot of contractions, which is starting to scare me a little bit because I don't want her coming too early, but the doctor has reassured me that Baby Kat isn't coming yet.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to handle having two children. I barely have enough energy to keep up with my three-year-old. I don't know how I'm going to be able to function when I'm not getting any sleep. I'm also worried about nursing. I want to be able to nurse (think of the money I could save!) but that didn't work out very well with my first baby. I'm hoping things will work out better this time.

I could probably go on for a long time about the things that worry me, but in reality, it is all worth it. I'm am incredibly excited to have a new baby. I love my three-year-old, who will be a great big brother. But most of all, I get to share the joy of having children with the most wonderful man in the world. He is more that I could ask for, and definitely more than I deserve. He is the perfect father for my kids and the perfect husband for me. He is my best friend. I don't think I thank him enough for all he does for me. I love you, sweetie.

No comments: